Sunday, September 17, 2006

THE POPE SHOULD NOT HAVE APOLOGIZED!

CNN.com - Pope's statement in full - Sep 16, 2006

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/europe/09/16/pope.statement/index.html?eref=aol


It appears that some within the muslim community feel that their religion deserves more respect than all others. Allow me to be one of the many who say IT DOES NOT DESERVE ANY MORE RESPECT THAN ANY OTHER RELIGION. The pope was simply quoting someone and gave no indication that he believed or agreed with the quote. There is no reason why anyone should bend over backwards for any religion including islam. As for me, I don't hate muslims at all. However, don't ask nor expect me to submit to it nor acknowledge it as a true faith. I'll return the respect and not force you to submit to my views. Fair? I hope so because I'll have it no other way, LOL.

Peace! (smile).

3 Comments:

At 12:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL i am a muslim .. But i really don't know about it .. I mean i haven't seen in my own eyes what the pope did say . And for me as a muslim , i know allot of christians and people from other religions that are really close and good friends of mine . And yeah it's simply as that : I respect the religion .. that's all . And i think you are a person who is more into using logic instead of being BIAS , so i believe you when you said that the pope did not say anything bad to Islam .. I hope he didn't lol ..

Plus i think of what was happening the past years , it really did put muslims in a real stress . Cuz it did happen allot of times were many innocent people got treated badly by other people cuz they are just muslims :( . I could say muslims are on the defensive mode now ..

Well written entry by the way :) . I like your blog !

 
At 12:17 PM, Blogger LorMarie said...

Thank you very much for your kind words. Your thoughts on the treatment of muslims over the years is important to the dialogue.

 
At 11:28 AM, Blogger Kassie said...

I think it's great to hear a christian say it's ok for me to refuse to acknowledge christianity as a true faith. If only everyone were so open to different opinions!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Get a Free Hit Counter